August 5, 2020
EyecareLive has announced key improvements to its telemedicine platform.
The company emphasizes that its platform’s features are “designed to enhance patient care, increase revenue and lower the cost of operation”
A few of the most notable improvements include:
● E-commerce store for contact lenses. In partnership with ABB Optical Group, the contact lens store allows patients to conveniently purchase their prescribed contact lens directly from their doctor and through the application where insurance benefits can be applied. In addition to the patient’s benefits, eyecare providers (ECPs) can now receive credit for the sale, set the retail price and retain profits from the purchase.
● Web-based waiting rooms for patients. Without an application download, patients can access EyecareLive’s patient portal for scheduling virtual appointments and check-in to the virtual waiting room. Additionally, doctors and staff have the capability to schedule virtual appointments on behalf of patients and invite them to the waiting room. Family members can now book and manage their dependents under a single account.
● An enhanced patient application for macular degeneration patients. Within the app, patients can utilize the full capabilities of EyecareLive, such as tools for virtual eye tests and disease monitoring functions. A new Amsler Grid test allows macular degeneration patients to take the test regularly and share the results with their provider. A digital history of the results makes it easy to track the progression of chronic disease.
Other Articles to Explore
● E-prescribe. Now, ECPs can e-prescribe medications and send them directly to the patient’s preferred pharmacy.
● Compliance and other intuitive improvements to the doctor’s portal. Understanding that a doctor’s time is valuable, EyecareLive has reimagined the doctor portal so that it is simpler to use and includes built-in tools, such as an automated timer that tracks time spent with a patient, to ensure ECPs are reimbursed properly for time spent with the patient virtually. This feature enables ECPs to maintain compliance, be audit-ready and able to bill insurance for telemedicine services.