Dec. 20, 2017
This past year, many readers of Review of Optometric Business participated in a wide range of webinars to help them to better serve patients and build their practice. Here are three of the best from 2017.
“Help Patients to Buy All They Need”
Presenters: Mark Wright, OD, FCOVD, and Melissa Wright, practice director, DePoe Eye Center
ODs need to “be the doctor,” and serve the complete needs of their patients to see better and to feel better in doing so.
This is achieved through four steps:
1) Identify total patient needs by asking open-ended questions
2) Educate patients about how good their vision can be, in all of their activities and stages of life
3) Provide a “total treatment plan” that meets their complete needs
4) Help them to purchase their entire treatment plan by offering patient financing
“The Future of Optometry”
Watch a data-based analysis of forces shaping the profession with Mark Wright, OD, FCOVD, Professional Editor, Review of Optometric Business, and Richard Edlow, OD, Eyeconomist.
Drs. Wright and Edlow offer:
• A comprehensive report forecasting growing demand for refractive and medical eyecare services and eyewear.
• A projection of workforce and scope of practice through 2025.
• Megatrends in healthcare delivery and consumer behavior that will affect optometry directly.
• Prime opportunities for ODs to take a place at the table in health care delivery in next decade.
“Texting and Communicating with Patients”
A practice-building webinar in which Mark Wright, OD, FCOVD, and Ryan Parker, OD, explore strategies to:
• Connect with patients in formats they prefer
• Enhance doctor-patient communications through technology
• Bond patients to your practice through personalization
• Employ automation to achieve office efficiencies and capture patient data
• Inform patients of new and innovative services and optical solutions