March 3, 2021
The Vision Council and Reed Exhibitions, organizers of Vision Expo, have launched VisionSAFE, an initial comprehensive set of health and safety guidelines, policies and resources designed to support a safe experience at Vision Expo East 2021, which is scheduled to take place June 2–5 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Further guidelines and considerations will be shared in the coming weeks, along with detailed guidelines for exhibiting companies.
To view the VisionSAFE guidelines and resources, click HERE.
“The health and safety of everyone in attendance at Vision Expo East is our top priority,” said Fran Pennella, vice-president, Vision Expo at Reed Exhibitions. “The launch of VisionSAFE reflects the proactive measures we’ve taken to date to implement new guidelines and policies to support a safe experience. These measures, coupled with the robust health and safety procedures already in place at the Orlando County Convention Center, will provide a safe, comfortable environment where the vision care community can feel confident coming together to do business. In addition to these guidelines outlined in VisionSAFE, specific health and safety guidelines will be developed for and released to our participating designers and suppliers as it relates to their exhibiting experience.”
VisionSAFE defines initial health and safety requirements for everyone in attendance at the show. These requirements will be subject to change and updated regularly in accordance with local and state regulations and guidance from the CDC. Health and safety requirement currently include:
- Face Coverings: Everyone is required to wear a face covering while attending Vision Expo East.
- Temperature screening: Everyone attending Vision Expo East will be required to undergo a temperature screening prior to entering. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees (F) and their traveling party or group will not be permitted entry to Vision Expo East.
- Increased sanitization and hygiene: Reed Exhibitions works with each venue to implement sanitization standards. It is the responsibility of everyone to maintain personal hygiene, including washing your hands frequently.
- Physical distancing: Everyone in attendance is asked to maintain a distance of six feet with other attendees.
- Directional and distance marking: Follow all floor and distance markings when present.
- Signage and direction: Operational adjustments may occur throughout the event to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. Attendees will be asked to adhere to all signage and direction from all staff.
- Greet without shaking hands: Observe social distancing guidelines when greeting others, avoid handshakes and hugs.
“What we’ve learned over the past year is that face-to-face interactions matter, and we are committed to providing a safe platform for the vision care community to network and conduct business,” said Ashley Mills, CEO of The Vision Council. “Furthermore, the re-commitment from more than 50 percent of Vision Expo’s exhibitors just two weeks after announcing the new show location reinforces the importance of this event to the industry. We are energized by the community’s excitement and committed to providing a safe experience for all.”
VisionSAFE also includes a guide to business travel with tips on what to expect and how to best navigate travel to and from the airport and during a hotel stay. View the travel guide HERE.
Also included within VisionSAFE is a health and safety acknowledgement that all attendees will be asked to read before entering Vision Expo East each day. To read the health and safety acknowledgement, click HERE.
Other Articles to Explore
The Vision Council and Reed Exhibitions pointed out that the VisionSAFE complements the robust health and safety measures in place at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC). The OCCC has strict health and safety precautions in place, as well as upholding all nationally recommended precautions, including mandatory mask-wearing and social distancing. Additionally, the OCCC is part of a first of its kind collaboration between Orlando Health and Visit Orlando, which provides convention groups with personalized medical planning and support. The OCCC was one of the first convention centers in the nation to receive the Global Biorisk Advisory Council’s GBAC STAR accreditation, which is designed to help facilities establish a comprehensive system of cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention, and is widely recognized as the gold standard of safe and prepared venues. The Orlando International Airport holds the same accreditation.
Vision Expo East 2021 is scheduled to take place at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida from June 2–5, 2021. The Show’s educational program, together with OptiCon@Vision Expo, will open Wednesday, June 2 and exhibits will open Thursday, June 3. To pre-register, click HERE.