SynergEyes, Inc., has launched SynergEyes iD. A contact lens design for those with astigmatism and presbyopia, hyperopia and myopia, SynergEyes iD is designed to provide premium performance to both doctors and patients.
SynergEyes iD hybrid lenses are individually designed to each patient’s unique ocular anatomy utilizing Keratometric readings, HVID and Refraction to personalize precise lens parameters.
The lens was designed so there should be no need to choose between fixed skirt or base curve options; a patient’s unique corneal diameter and curvature drive the specific lens design, with new linear skirts following the linear shape of the sclera. The multifocal lens is powered by a proprietary Extended Depth of Focus (EDOF) design from the Brien Holden Vision Institute, and proven multifocal optics provide patients with a clear visual experience that smoothly transitions through all distances.
SynergEyes iD lenses are empirically fit, eliminating the necessity for multi-use diagnostic fit sets or trial lens application. The streamlined SynergEyes iD fitting experience is intended to allow eyecare practitioners to more efficiently prescribe contact lenses. The supporting SynergEyes iD Patient Application and Removal Resources also should contribute to increased practice efficiency and patient success.
Other Articles to Explore
During a pre-launch Early Access Program in 2020, eyecare professionals across the U.S. and Canada successfully prescribed SynergEyes iD hybrid lenses for their astigmatic and presbyopic patients. With fits on over 1,500 eyes, practitioners consistently commented on the positive impact the successful dispenses brought to their practice and patients. The empirically-designed lens offers a streamlined fit, 84 percent rate of first-lens dispense, high patient preference and satisfaction, and revenue retention*.
“We are proud to bring the new SynergEyes iD lens to our eyecare providers,” says SynergEyes’ President and CEO Bob Ferrigno. “This highly anticipated new design is being brought to market following extensive research and extraordinary collaboration by the entire SynergEyes team and Early Access practitioners. The launch of this proven transformative lens will bring better vision to patients, and better practice results to our partners.”
SynergEyes iD highlights include:
- Personalized lenses made specifically for each patient by providing Ks, HVID and Rx
- Exceptional clarity of a GP lens, with soft skirt comfort
- Linear SiHy soft skirt follows the linear shape of the sclera
- Multifocal lens powered by a proprietary Extended Depth of Focus (EDOF) design from the Brien Holden Vision Institute. The EDOF design has a unique power profile that is non-periodic and non-monotonic, while unique combinations of Higher Order Aberrations elongate the patient’s depth of focus, for clearer vision at near, intermediate and distance.
- Available exclusively through IECPs, who experience the retained revenue and profitability of a specialty lens