Shamir has launched In Touch, a new progressive addition lens for frequent users of handheld digital devices. The product premiered at Vision Expo West in Las Vegas. The lens, which is classified as an everyday Freeform lens, features an enhanced corridor that provides more add power faster for users of smartphones and e-tablets. The new lens is priced the same as Shamir’s premium Autograph II lens and provides ECPs with great opportunities to meet the fast-changing visual needs of patients, Shamir said.
• Multi-purpose lens with advanced optical design and unique power profile
• Significantly improved visual clarity in the 40cm-70cm viewing range
• Designed for easy transition between zones and all over viewing comfort
• Minimum fitting height: 15mm, 18mm
• All-purpose optimal viewing comfort at every range and for every activity
• Provides particular viewing comfort for handheld digital devices
• Suitable for a wide range of frame shapes, sizes and styles
• Unique power profile optimized to wearer’s head-eye-hand position during use of handheld digital devices
• Extra viewing comfort with quick appearance and up to 25 percent more additional power in the 40cm-70cm viewing range, up to 22 percent broader reading area, and up to 21 percent wider intermediate area
• Extra soft lens design for easy transition between viewing zones, and uncompromised acuity at all viewing ranges
For more information, visit www.shamir.com.