Oct. 7, 2015
ManagementPlus has introduced two new product offerings: ManagementPLUS Cloud and Revenue Cycle Management.
ManagementPLUS Cloud allows practices to back up and store vital health records and applications to remote and secure servers, while Revenue Cycle Management ensures claims get timely attention to detect and avoid delays in payments and write-offs.
“ManagementPLUS Cloud and Revenue Cycle Management are logical extensions of our core platform,” says Bryan Thorell, chief information officer, ManagementPlus. “With ManagementPLUS Cloud, physicians can be assured that patient data is safely and securely managed. When data is centralized, downtime associated with upgrades, conversions and new software set-up are minimized, and the need for comprehensive IT server support is virtually eliminated, saving potentially thousands of dollars a year.”
“With Revenue Cycle Management, we are offering a comprehensive end-to-end service that helps manage all aspects of the practice’s revenue stream, from assuring patient’s eligibility, to claim denial analysis, to trends identification, to periodic quality checks to reduce claims reporting errors,” says Thorell.
ManagementPLUS Cloud automatically and systematically backs up records from a practice’s EHR or EMR system and stores it in secure data centers, thus eliminating the need for an on-site server and costs associated with having fully supported IT services. It is fully compatible with multiple operating systems and devices such as the iPad, Android and Microsoft Surface tablets.
With this service, users are able to centralize EHR, EMR and other critical practice applications at secure data centers to make the applications easier to manage. Additionally, because data is offloaded to a secure external source, patients’ data is protected against computer failure, theft, or damage to in-house servers and computer networks.
ManagementPlus’ Revenue Cycle Management is specifically designed to codify and simplify the revenue stream of an ophthalmology or optometry practice. The service includes the following functionalities:
• Electronic Patient Eligibility Check – Patients’ insurance eligibility is verified prior to the appointment, reducing costly errors from occurring at a later stage
• Claims Submission – ManagementPlus will work with the practice to set up electronics claims and Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) submissions, thus minimizing the number of rejections and invalid claims while saving time, increasing staff productivity, and minimizing the chance of errors
• Denial Analysis and Handling – An analytics team will review denials trends and suggest how they can be corrected to avoid any bad debt write-offs
• Accounts Receivable Follow-Up and Collections – Claim submissions are followed for up to 90 days and past due balances are collected
• Detailed Reporting – Revenue Cycle Management offers various customizable reports to manage and monitor claims from submission until they are posted
• Quality Checks – An experienced team of quality auditors will perform random quality checks to highlight trends by Denial Type, Payor, and/or User