By Damon Dierker, OD, FAAO
Nov. 11, 2020
This article is part of the special report, “Building Your Dry Eye Center of Excellence,” a digital resource guide to creating, building out and generating dry eye revenue. Dr. Dierker’s article is on page 25.
The dry eye disease (DED) market in the United States was valued at over $4 billion in 2018, with projections to increase to over $6 billion over the next five years.1 To capture a piece of this rapidly expanding segment of eye care, a marketing strategy is needed. Fortunately, this doesn’t have to break the bank.
Here are five steps we have used in my practice to market DED services:
1. Make Sure You Have Something to Market
2. Actively Collect Patient Success Stories
3. Utilize Social Media to Increase Impact
4. Target Patients in Your Existing Database
5. You Don’t Have to Go at it Alone