By ROB Editors
Feb. 22, 2023
Referral relationships with other healthcare providers help you direct patients to the care they need while spurring the growth of your own practice. Three ROB contributors shared with us how they built referral networks that contribute significantly to their practice’s profitability.
The Referral Relationships We Built that Generate Up to $1 Million Annually in Revenues
By Eric Rettig, OD
The referral relationships you build with other healthcare practitioners are essential to care, and also can greatly increase profitability.
Approximately 20 percent of our patients are co-managed with other providers directly. This accounts for $800,000-$1,000,000 in annual revenues. The high revenue generation associated with our co-managed patients stems from return visits to our office for care and product purchases. Often, after a patient is seen for an acute issue, they come back to us for their routine eyecare and purchase glasses and/or contact lenses.
Other Articles to Explore
Here is how these relationships in our community have aided both our patients and practice, along with our approach for keeping these relationships going. >>READ MORE>>
How I Established Referral Relationships that Generate 100 New Patients Annually
By Vittorio Mena, OD, MS
Reciprocal relationships with other healthcare practices ensure patients receive the care they need while helping you to grow your practice. Here is how my practice establishes and optimizes these relationships to add at least 100 new patients annually. >>READ MORE>>
The Referral Relationships Bringing Us Up to 75% of Patients in Our Niche Practice
By Miki Lyn Zilnicki, OD, FCOVD,
and Jessica Licausi, OD, FAAO, FCOVD
Building relationships with other healthcare practitioners in your community can help you grow niche services. We used these connections to other providers to launch and grow a vision therapy-focused practice. These referral relationships are responsible for about 75 percent of patients who walk through our doors (the other 25 percent is made up of patients independently finding us or finding us through their insurance). Here is how we established, and continue to grow, these relationships. >>READ MORE>>